You should always try to resolve things between you and the other party. Working things out with the other party is extremely difficult at times, but always the best option because it is cost effective and increases communication. However, mediation with a 3rd party is one of the choices you have when resolving a conflict. Here are some of the reasons why you would use an unbiased 3rd party to help you through your difficult time.
- You Never Go to Court
- Less Costly than Litigation
- Control stays with you instead of with the judge, lawyer or arbitrator.
- Less adversarial
- Communication increases between the 2 parties
- Resolve conflict with dignity and integrity
- Increased ability to stay friendly with other party
- You and the other party problem solve together with the mediator(s)
- Confidentiality and not public
- Usually a quicker process, but you decide how quick or how long it will take
Check out our video for more details on the differences with mediation and litigation: